DIY Finger Paint and Other Uses for Huggies Wipes
This post, featuring DIY finger paint and other uses for Huggies® Wipes, has been sponsored by Huggies for Linqia. All photos, stories, and opinions are my own. #TripleClean
All the colors of the rainbow can make for a fun and creative activity, but these DIY finger paints can get messy. Make it easy to clean up with Huggies wipes and learn all the many uses for these wipes. Because Kids Outgrow Diapers, Not Messes.*
Benjamin and I love to do crafts. We have a crafting bucket and we usually pull it out on the weekends to make something fun. We don’t always share them here on the blog, but this craft was just too fun not to share. This week we made DIY finger paints and then created a few fun art pieces to give away to various family members.
These DIY finger paints are so easy and you probably already have all the ingredients you need in the house. You can throw these together on a rainy day or even on a weeknight when the kids say they are bored. But, you’ll need to be prepared, because these paints are messy! Don’t fear, though, because I have the perfect solution to clean them up in a flash.
What you’ll need:
2 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup flour
2 cups water
What you’ll do:
Combine sugar, flour, and water in a saucepan. Cook on low heat while stirring continuously until the mixture thickens. Separate into small cups or glasses and add food coloring. Let cool before using. Enjoy!
Now that you have the DIY finger paints ready, create your masterpieces and let them dry overnight before giving them away. Clean up after your project is easy with Huggies wipes, using their New and Improved Triple Clean Layers. The mess is no more in just seconds and your hands and table is left smelling like a baby – bonus!
Other Uses for Huggies Wipes
I recently discovered the Huggies wipes are perfect for cleaning the dashboard of my car. For some reason, my dashboard is always dusty and dirty and I keep the wipes on hand for a quick wipe down at a traffic light or even a more thorough clean when I’m washing the car.
Here are a few other ways to use Huggies wipes:
- In the bathroom – clean up small messes (hello, I live with boys!) in between full cleaning days or use them as they are intended for babies, but on yourself and/or your kids. I mean, who says that only babies get to have clean behinds?
- In the kitchen – have a small spill or the dog ran through the mud and onto your kitchen floor? Use a wipe to pick it up and you don’t have to worry if it sat for a second and dried because the moisture of the wipe will clean it all up.
- Around the house – have a little dust settling on the shelves or the TV? Pick up dust quickly with a wipe because of the moisture and the triple clean layers. And your house will smell great!
- On the floor – attach a wipe to your push mop when you run out of pads and it works like a charm.
- Personal care – ladies, having that time of the month and you need to feel fresher? Hey, it works on keeping babies fresh so why not you? Also, consider using them as a before and after wipe for a romantic time with your husband.
- Play room – clean the kids’ toys from germs and other dirt or after they take them outside in the mud
- Hands and feet – kids carry germs and grime whether they are playing, eating, or just being kids. Clean them up in a flash with Huggies wipes, and again, they will smell great!