Newbie Blog Hop
I am no longer hosting the Newbie Blog Hop with Life’s Cheap Thrills. Thank you for visiting and I hope you stick around to see what else I have to offer!
Welcome to the Newbie Blog Hop!!!
Hosted by Going Crazy!! Wanna Go??!! and Life’s Cheap Thrills!!
(updated February 1, 2012)
THIS PAGE EXPLAINS HOW THE HOP WORKS (RULES, ETC) SO IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR THE MOST RECENT PLACE TO LINK UP, CLICK HERE:
NEWBIE BLOG HOP LINKY
I am a new blogger (started August 2, 2011) and I have received some tremendous support from other bloggers. I wanted to start this Hop for all of the newbies out there who may need some support from others who are just starting out.
The rules are fairly simple:
- Your blog should be 6 months old younger than ONE YEAR OLD (until us newbies start to get past 6 months our first year and then as long as you started out as a newbie, you can continue to link up…does that make sense?).
- You will follow whatever format I have posted each week (i.e. link to a particular post/page, link to Facebook or Twitter, random link-ups…whatever we’re doing for the week). We just freestyle it!!
- The Linky will open at 10:00pm EST on Tuesday and stay open until 11:59pm EST on Friday, but will always be visible on my blog so you can check out previous weeks if you’re looking for some great newbies.
- Family Friendly Blogs only, please!! (your blog doesn’t have to be about your family – any topics are welcome – but it must be family friendly for those of us who may choose to stop by)
- Not required, but definitely appreciated – post on your blog (either in a post, sidebar, Blog Hop page, or Blogroll) the button for this Hop (find it in the right sidebar). I would love it if you post my Blog Button (also, found on the right sidebar) but I don’t like it nearly as much as the Blog Hop button.
Now for the Good Stuff!!!
Each week, I will use random.org to choose a blog to promote throughout the following week. I will choose that blog on Wednesday from the link-up the previous week and will announce it on that Wednesday’s link-up and we’ll all Hop to them FIRST!! I’ll talk about your blog on Facebook and Twitter and on my blog and put your button on my sidebar!!
After your week is up, I will add you to my Blogroll and you will most likely stay there indefinitely (or until it gets so full that it starts to look terrible).
Is all of this exciting?
What am I leaving out?