Why I Love Being a Boy Mom
It’s really no secret that I love my boy. It’s also no secret that I love being a boy mom. I never dreamed I would love it enough to write about it and spread the word about how cool it really is to be a boy mom. Remember when I wrote the 100 reasons I love my husband? Well, this is like that, but I’m going to write as many as I can, 5 at a time, once per week, and let’s see how far I can go.
So, here it is, my first 5 reasons I love being a boy mom.
1. Lots of hugs and kisses. Seriously, folks, my boy, like most boys, loves his mommy. I get to see his smiling face with a hug almost every single day when I pick him up from school or the Y after school, or from Granny and Papa’s house or wherever. I get hugs when he’s happy, when he’s sad, when he’s scared, and when he’s excited. Hugs and kisses are my love language, so this totally works for me.
2. I can do boy crafts. Crafting is something my boy really loves. We have a craft box that outgrew its box and we like to make homemade gifts from time to time. The thing is, I was never very crafty and I’m definitely no perfectionist. With a boy; however, I get an out and I get to do boy crafts. These crafts aren’t going to wow you and they most likely won’t be pinned on Pinterest, but they satisfy our love of crafting and we get in some quality time.
3. “Less” drama. I have this friend who has a little girl Benjamin’s age. She is always posting about the drama coming from that little girl and all i can think of is the real drama that will come when shes a teenager. I also have a 1 year old niece who has a drama face that she will show you for mad, sad, big smile, and mean face. I cannot even imagine raising a girl with the drama they bring along. Don’t get me wrong, raising an only child comes with drama. He’s spoiled rotten and not getting a toy at every store can be a big deal, but honestly, that’s about as drama as it gets around our boy household.
4. Sports are my favorite. I was raised in a house full of girls, but my parents loved football so I grew up with a healthy love of the game. This, for me, really spread into all sports and I love to watch them all. Raising a boy is full of sports, practices, games, team pics, and the like. I’m no team mom, but I do love to watch my boy play and have fun.
5. Humor fills my heart. When you’re a boy mom, you must have a sense of humor. You must truly think that laughter is the best medicine. And you must find everything funny. Luckily, I’m an eternal kid at heart and I love to laugh so my boy (and his daddy) keep me rolling all the darn time!
Now, I’m not saying that if I got pregnant this month and then found out it was a girl that I would be upset, quite the opposite, but being a boy mom is pretty darn fun and I wouldn’t trade it for a thing!
What’s your favorite part of being a boy mom?