This post about the essentials for a Cycle Survival Kit for Back to School, featuring a monthly cycle tracker, has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All stories, photos, and opinions are my own. #CycleSurvival #CollectiveBias
Having a monthly cycle is a guarantee for a woman that she’s healthy and on track, but it doesn’t mean we have to be down and out for a week each month. Use this Cycle Survival Kit to boost your spirits, especially in the next month or so for Back to School season. Plus, check out my free printable Monthly Cycle Tracker!
I haven’t always loved my cycle. In fact, there are times when I’m not too happy to see it (since we’re still trying to conceive). But, I’ve learned to like it more and more and I’ve learned that I can pamper myself once a month no matter what is going on. With back to school season approaching, I’ve decided that this month and next month I’m going to need that little extra boost so I prepared a cycle survival kit to be prepared when my cycle comes so there’s no extra stress.
Ladies, it seems that our cycles have been given a bad rap (probably from the men in our lives) and we’re expected to be down for the count for a full week. While I’m all for “milking it” for what it’s worth, I don’t believe in being helpless and pitiful just because nature has given us this predicament. I believe in empowering ourselves and feeling great about our bodies, no matter what we are going through, and being prepared for our cycle during stressful or busy times is one way to do this.
How to Build a Cycle Survival Kit
1. U by Kotex® CleanWear® by U Pads – I’ve never really worked well with tampons and have always used pads, but I don’t want to feel like I’m wearing some cheap version of a diaper either. I don’t want to be running around from store to store buying back to school items and clothes and have to worry about my pad’s absorbency or movement. I need to be able to keep up with an active 7 year old who is VERY excited to be starting 2nd grade this year. U by Kotex® CleanWear® by U Pads now feature 3D Capture Core*, a one-of-a-kind center that locks away wetness to help stop leaks. They are designed to move with your body and feature secure fit wings that help prevent bunching and scrunching.
2. Bic Shaving Products – I’ll admit that during the winter I don’t shave as much as I should, but come summer and back to school time, I want to feel smooth and pretty to boost my confidence. Your cycle can really bring you down, but doing a little pampering and “cleaning up” those hairy areas can do wonders for your self esteem. I love Bic because it’s a brand that I know and love and there’s a style of razor for every lady out there.
3. EOS lip balm – The summer heat can wreak havoc on your lips and dry you out faster than you can get the water in, so EOS lip balm is a must-have for a cycle survival kit. I picked up a pink and green one for my kit and I know my lips will always feel at their best.
4. Feminine cloths and cleansing wash – Feeling fresh during this time of the month is essential and these cloths and cleansing wash will help you with that. I put a few of the cloths in a baggie to carry in my cycle survival kit so I can clean up when needed.
5. Water bottle – You probably don’t always feel your best when you’re on your cycle, but drinking water and finding a good pain reducer will definitely help. Since you’ll be running around a lot this month and next for back to school season, pick up a good water bottle that it easy to carry along.
6. Carrying case – I found my carrying case in the school supply section (it’s a pencil case) and it’s the perfect size for a few of the pads, the lip balm, and a baggie of the cleansing cloths. This little zipper bag fits perfectly in my purse and I’m prepared for whatever comes my way during my cycle.
7. A Gift – Okay, so this one just caught my eye and I thought it would be a great addition to my cycle survival kit. This little book has empowering sayings and anecdotes in it and will really lift my spirits during my cycle. Throw in a special gift for yourself because back to school and surviving your cycle means that you deserve something special that makes you feel better about yourself.
I found everything I needed for my cycle survival kit at Walgreens, my favorite place to shop! Plus, right now, when you buy $15 of participating U by Kotex, EOS, and BIC products, you get 3,000 Balance Reward Points – BONUS! I also happen to buy all of Benjamin’s school supplies at Walgreens as well so I picked up a few of the elusive folders with brads and pockets during my shopping trip. It’s never too early to start the shopping for back to school!
Now, I have also included a Monthly Cycle Tracker in printable form so you can track your cycle throughout the entire year! Just click on the image or link below and download your own pdf file!
What would you include in your Cycle Survival Kit?