This past week has been a whirlwind of craziness around our house. We’ve been sick and had commitments and doctor appointments and winter weather. I’m so thankful for my easy going boy this week that I just couldn’t wait to make my list for the week of why I love being a boy mom.
16. Date nights – At least one night this week, Howard was not feeling well so the boy and I headed out for a date night out for dinner. Benjamin loves date nights and I get to spend some time catching up with my boy. We decided to go for a pizza buffet for him and a salad buffet for me. We even met up with another mom and boy who were having a date night and they came over to eat with us. On this particular date night, we just had dinner because he had a soccer game the following day, but usually we use our mother-son date night ideas list for something fun to do.
17. Muffins for Mom – Last week was Texas Schools week and our schools celebrated by having a special morning for different family members. Monday was Muffins for Mom and I got to have a chocolate muffin with my boy for breakfast. Of course, he wanted to leave with me after breakfast, but I had to return him to physical education class and go back to work. I love this special time that I get to spend with my boy every year. I’ve gone to lunch with him before, but this is more of a one-on-one type of thing.
18. Knock knock and fart jokes – Jokes are a big thing around our house this week because things have been so hectic that we needed to laugh. We have been telling knock knock jokes that usually end up into fart jokes and my boy can really get us giggling.
By the way, if you know any good knock knock jokes, I need to know them. I’m running out of ideas!
19. Extra cuddles – One of the days this week with our winter weather, Benjamin’s school didn’t start until 10am. That morning I got extra cuddles and love because my boy was so excited to stay home (even if temporarily) with me while Howard had to go to work.
20. Spring clothes shopping was easy! – I wish I could give you a sneak peak, but I’ll be posting separately about my boy’s Spring “wardrobe”. I ran into Osh Kosh B’Gosh last night and they were having an amazing Clearance! I grabbed 3 pairs of shorts and 7 shorts along with a pack of 6 pairs of socks and ran out the door only spending less than $120. I can’t wait to show it all to you and how easy it was to mix and match…because he’s a boy. Edited to add: Pssst…here’s the post about Spring Fashion for Boys!