This post featuring a recipe for chef salad at home…on a budget using Kraft coupons is compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions stories, and photos are my own. #PackedWithSavings #CollectiveBias
Oh my goodness, you guys, things around my house have been hectic since the last time I wrote to you guys. We were doing well financially and I was getting my coupon groove back with school supplies shopping. Things were rocking along just fine and then BAM! my husband got really sick last weekend. He had two large infections, one on his face and one on his leg. We were in the ER on Sunday and at the doctor on Tuesday, at the surgeon on Wednesday and in the hospital recovering from surgery by Wednesday night. Whoa…what a way to drain some finances!
He spent three and a half days in the hospital and we ate either fast food or take-out for every meal. The hospital food was horrendous so I made sure Howard was eating good and as healthy as possible, but boy did we spend a lot of money on food last week. He finally came home on Saturday and we were done with eating out and picking up meals. It was time for me to step up and prepare us some meals.
Now, you all now that I don’t cook. I married a chef for a reason and I have made maybe ten meals in the last seven years that I’ve been married to him. But I needed to accept this challenge so I headed out to Walmart to pick up the ingredients for a great meal that would energize me and keep my husband feeling good. I decided on a large Chef Salad and I knew exactly how I was going to achieve this on our new budget.
Here’s the deal, right now, you can print Kraft coupons online and did you know that Kraft has more than cheese? There are Kraft cheese and dressings coupons, as well as Oscar Mayer coupons as well. Don’t worry, I’ll give you a list at the end of this post. Anyway, I grabbed all that I needed for a great Chef Salad and when I got home, Howard was pretty darn excited that I was going to make us a great meal.
I chopped up the lettuce, cut the lunchmeat into strips, chopped up the avocado and cucumber, cooked and chopped up the bacon (you gotta have homemade bacon bits!), and sprinkled on the cheese. It was a quick process and made a delicious salad.
Howard was amazed that I could pull all of this off without his help and he ate a whole bowl on his own! I think this meal was a success and I was so proud of it that I think this is going to be one of those meals that end up in the rotation for a weekly meal plan. The best part…it was all inexpensive with Kraft’s printable coupons because I had a great coupon for over half of the ingredients!
Of course, I didn’t forget about Benjamin and his refusal to even TRY eating salad, so I used one of the Kraft printable coupons for a Lunchables Uploaded with a sub sandwich. He fell in love with Lunchables Uploaded during Kindergarten last year and now he tries to buy them every time we go to the store. Sometimes we can’t afford them every day, but with the coupon and our budget, I was happy to get him this for his meal.
Kraft Printable Coupons
- SAVE 75¢ on ONE (1) JELL-O University Mold Kit (Walmart)
- SAVE 75¢ on ONE (1) KRAFT Natural Shredded or Chunk Cheese (16 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on TWO (2) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Spreads (8 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE 50¢ on ONE (1) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (8 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE 75¢ on ONE (1) KRAFT Salad Dressing (24 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) TACO BELL® Sour Cream Dip (Walmart)
- SAVE 50¢ on ONE (1) KOOL-AID Ready-To-Serve (96 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) OSCAR MAYER Butcher Cut Bacon (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on TWO (2) LUNCHABLES UPLOADED Lunch Combinations (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) VELVEETA Shells & Cheese Dinners (3-pack) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner (5 pack) (Walmart)
- SAVE 75¢ on ONE (1) PLANTERS Peanuts (16 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee (3 lb) (Walmart)
- SAVE 50¢ on ONE (1) KRAFT Mayonnaise (30 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE 50¢ on ONE (1) MIRACLE WHIP Dressing (30 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE 75¢ on ONE (1) KRAFT Singles (16 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE 50¢ on ONE (1) KOOL-AID Jammers Juice Drink (10-pack) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) CAPRI SUN Juice Drinks (30-pack) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on TWO (2) OSCAR MAYER Beef Hot Dogs (16 oz) (Walmart)
- SAVE $1.00 on ONE (1) VELVEETA® (32 oz) (Walmart)
- $1.00 off JET-PUFFED, HONEY MAID, and HERSHEY’s
- $0.75 off 2 bags JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
Why not just print them now? But hurry because these prints are “while supplies last”
(P.S. This is not an affiliate link and I do not make a commission from prints)
Now that school is about to start again, think Kraft, Oscar Mayer, and Lunchables for Back to School lunches and save money with these Kraft coupons.
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 package of grape tomatoes
- 1 package of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh turkey
- 1 package of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh chicken
- 1 package of Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh ham
- 1 avocado
- 1 cucumber
- 4 slices of Oscar Mayer Butcher Cut bacon
- 1 package of Kraft Natural Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package of Kraft Natural Shredded swiss cheese
- Cook bacon and chop into bacon bits
- Chop lettuce
- Slice lunchmeat into small strips
- Combine all in a salad bowl