This post about the sweet things in life was inspired by a gift sent to me from Diet Coke. I received a small promotional item, but you know all of my opinions are mine, no matter how crazy they are!
I’ve noticed lately that my blog has become this sweet, loving, gooey mess and I guess that my crazy life has turned into a family life or a (dare I say) happy life. I mean, I’ve always been happy with life in general, but when you live with depression, life appears to suck and things just feel crazy. Life isn’t like that right now. Here are a few reasons why:
My Top 10 Sweet Things in Life
1. My boy – bet you couldn’t have guessed I would say he was #1, right? I mean, he is the most adorable, most loving, and sweetest boy on earth!
2. My husband – yep, they flip flop between #1 and #2, but my two men are the sweet in my life.
3. Hearing this - ”Mommy, I just love you so much” from my boy. He says it all the time!
4. Hearing this - ”Mommy, I love this world” from my boy. This is a new one, but it warms my heart because he’s having those ooey gooey lovey dovey feelings like me and this is how he expresses it.
5. Losing 12 lbs in the first week of my new eating plan – This is more like a suhhh-weet moment!
6. Working together with my husband on this new healthy eating, healthy living plan – We aren’t eating sweets, but it is so sweet to see how proud he is of me.
7. My boy spelled his first word this past week – MOM – awww…sweet!
8. My faith in God is growing every day and the relationship with him is the sweetest I know.
9. My niece started smiling this week and she is super sweet.
10. My daily Diet Coke, my daily indulgence, my cure for a sweet tooth. I have loved Diet Coke from my teen years and I don’t go a day (intentionally) without having one.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen me post a recent picture of me drinking Diet Coke and someone commented that “Aspertame kills”. Well, first, life kills so you might as well enjoy it, but second, check out this infographic for more information:
Aspartame is enjoyed by millions in low-calorie products, like yogurt, chewing gum and soft drinks. In fact, it has been extensively tested for safety by the World Health Organization, US Food and Drug Administration and the European Food Safety Agency. While the safety and benefits of ingredients like aspartame are supported by more than 200 studies spanning 40 years, The Coca-Cola Company understands that people may still have questions. They are making it a priority to address these questions and provide information and education to reinforce aspartame is an ingredient people can feel good about.