buzzoole code

Oh The Places You’ll Go {inspired} Baby Shower with printables

Dr Seuss baby shower

Oh The Places You’ll Go [inspired] Baby Shower

{with FREE printables}

It’s been a while since I promised to post about the baby shower that we gave my sister, inspired by Oh The Place You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss. Well, here it is, with FREE printables!

Baby shower Oh The Places She will go

My baby sister is having a baby! She asked our older sister and me to put together a family baby shower and asked that we not make too much of a fuss. She didn’t want baby shower games, but she was okay with some activities. Her nursery theme is Dr. Seuss’ Oh! The Places You’ll Go and Oh! Baby! Go Baby! so we decided to use that for her shower theme as well. I made up a list of items we would need (that I will share with you next week…it’s just a spreadsheet, nothing big) and we started getting ready (at the last minute because that is just how I work best).

A person is a person no matter how small sonogram collage

I made a few printables that are shared at the end of this post, but the first one was for the sonogram pictures collage that my sister wanted to make. The middle image says,

“A person’s a person no matter how small!”

My sis found the other stickers at a craft store and put together the framed collage.

All because two people fell in love photo frame

She also ordered this frame as well and put on the entrance table. I can also proudly say that she used one of the photos from our pregnancy photo shoot to put in the frame. (I may be getting more and more into this photography thing ;))

Baby Shower fingerprint tree

Also on the entrance table, we framed a “fingerprint tree”. We had two stamp pads in different shades of pink and a pack of baby wipes. When people arrived, or at their convenience, they could leave their print on a tree branch wherever they would like. We also had an Oh! The Places book for signatures and messages for baby or Mom.

The printable in the middle of the table says,

“Wait! Stop by you see, and write a special message just for me! Leave a fingerprint on the tree and sign your name so I will never forget you came. Write all over any of the pages. This book I’ll treasure for all of my ages!”

It was signed Preslee Ann, but I have left that part blank on the printable so you can add in the name you would like.

Advice in a diaper baby shower activity

For another fun activity, my older sister came up with the idea to write special messages for Mommy in diapers for those late night diaper changes. The activity normally has people writing the messages inside the diapers or on the front of the diapers, but we decided to make little inserts to go in them. This way, my sis can keep the messages for reading over and over.

We arranged the diapers in a pretty basket and the message notes in a metal bucket. The printable that is propped against the basket says,

“We can’t wait to give (baby) lots of hugs and kisses, but today let’s write Mommy some cute little wishes. Along with the wishes, be gentle, be nice, and write on these diapers some words of advice!”.

Again, instead of (baby), Preslee’s name was there, but I replaced with baby so these can be used again. If you want to add in a name, just use an eraser tool in an editor and paste in text that you want. Feel free to also send me an email and I should be able to alter one for you quickly!

Beezlenut Splash drink for baby shower

For refreshments, we started with two drinks. The Beezlenut Splash is simply water with sliced fruit floating in it. I used two oranges, four lemons, and six key limes. Feel free to use whatever fruit you would like. You will want to make this ahead of time and let it soak for the fruit to flavor the water.

We also made Yink’s Pink Ink Drink (not pictured because for some reason we didn’t take a picture…weird!) that was pink sherbet and ginger ale mixed together. We used the printables held up by small clothes pins, but you could tape them to the drink pitchers or hang them above with twine.

Fish in a Dish & Truffula Trees treats

We had Truffula Trees (sugar candy sticks) and Fish in a Dish (colored goldfish)…

Making Three Cheese Trees with toothpicks and cheese squares

…and my boy had the most fun before the shower making the Three Cheese Trees with his cousin. We used styrofoam cones, toothpicks, and pre-cut cheese squares. We found that it was easier to put the toothpicks in randomly and then stick on the cheese.

Three Cheese Trees for baby shower

We displayed the Three Cheese Trees with crackers on the table along with the printable sign held up with clothes pins again. We had large bowls of chips and two different dips in the small metal buckets.

Sneetch Treats for baby shower

We also had a fruit tray and a veggie tray with a label that says,

“Sneetch Treats – The star-belly sneetches have bellies with stars; the plain-belly sneetches have none upon thars – The Sneetches. Grab a carrot, grab a melon, or a mint if you like. We’re all family now – Fields, Gay, Krugel, and Pike”.

I left off the names in the printable, but again, it can easily be added in if you would like.

Finally, as a treat and as a party favor to take home, we made cake pops with a printable that says,

“Today was good, Today was fun. Thank you, Thank you Everyone. You made me laugh, you made me cry. Please enjoy this sugar high!”

You can find the printable below and my Cake Pops Tutorial here.

My boy kissing baby belly

We had a great day and even though my boy was only there before and after the baby shower, he couldn’t wait to kiss the tummy and now he is looking forward to meeting his new baby cousin, Preslee!

You can find all of the free printable labels from above (and more) below. Simply save a copy to your own computer and either print or save as a .pdf. We actually emailed the files to our local Office Max and they printed on cardstock for us. If you have questions or need something altered, please feel free to comment below or email me at janet(at)goingcrazywannago(dot)com and I’ll see what I can do.

Don’t forget to pick up a copy of Oh, the Places You’ll Go! and Oh, Baby, the Places You’ll Go! when you’re shopping for the Mommy to be!

Find all of the FREE printables here!

1. Mitzi says:

hi, I’m planning for my son’s birthday. can you please email me the printables? I hope to be Able to write his name in the printables. Love all these. Thanks..

2. Kristine says:

Hi, I tried to save one of the blanks in Picmonkey, but it wouldn’t let me. Is there something else I need to do? I am trying to put photos in the inside (1 for each month of my daughter’s 1st year). THANKS!

• janet says:

Hi Kristine, you should be able to save the blank to your desktop as a jpg and then upload it into Picmonkey. I’m not sure why it wouldn’t let you.

3. Sandy Hixson says:

Hi, Janet.
    I would love to edit these for custom graduation cards but can’t figure out how to to save my life! Can you please
    make this easier for me? I am happy to pay for your assistance. Thank you for considering this.
    ~ Sandy

4. LaDon says:

Please email me the printables. My sis is having a boy and we would be more than grateful for you to share this with me.

Blessings and favor

5. joanna says:

Hello I’m interested in using the blue for an upcoming baby shower I will be having in April. Needed to know how to edit and if I can print them it at Walgreens saving it to my usb also wanting to get invites done as well…

• janet says:

Hi Joanna! I think you might be better by having them printed at an office store like Kinko’s or Office Depot. Walgreens uses photo paper and that would make them print shiny…unless your Walgreens is different and has cardstock. In order to edit them, just right click and save to your computer, then upload them into and make edits. I can also help with the invitation if you would like, but I would need you to email me at so we can talk about what you would like to see on the invite. Good luck!

6. Kimberly Mack says:

Hi, I am a teacher and interested in using these labels for our February theme. I was wondering how I could edit them. Thanks!

• janet says:

Hi! You can edit them in or if you don’t do Photoshop (I don’t). I would be happy to help if you want to email me at and let me know what you need.

7. Crystal says:

Where did you find the tree print that you used?

• janet says:

Oh, my sister got it from a friend. Let me find out and I will get back to you on that!

8. Emilie says:

I’m wondering if you can do pdf’s of the blue colored Dr. Seuss shower cards. The pdf file is only for the girl cards. Thanks!

• janet says:

Sure, I will get that together and email it to you and upload to this post! Thanks for stopping by!

9. gracie says:

Hi, I am having a baby shower for my sister but she doesn’t know the gender. Is there any way you can make these more gender neutral like by making the borders yellow or light green.

• Jamie says:

I’m interested in a gender neutral color as well. Am I able to change it if you send me the files?

• janet says:

Jamie, I would be happy to alter the labels for you, but I will have to charge a small fee due to the time it would take to alter them. If you are interested, please feel free to email me at janet (at) goingcrazywannago (dot) com. Thanks!

10. Cori says:

Hey Janet,

Love! Love! Love! your stuff. I’m a teacher and would like to modify for my class. Is there any chance you can send me the file that I can edit as needed. You rock!

11. Kendra says:

Hi Janet,
    Is it possible to get the blue border more like the blue on the book itself? It’s a bit dark. Any help would be appreciated. Baby shower tomorrow–nothing like waiting til the last minute! BTW, your printables are a lifesaver! Thanks so much.

• janet says:

Kendra, I can probably get them done today, but there would have to be a charge. Can you email me at janet (at) goingcrazywannago (dot) com? I won’t charge you much because I know what it’s like to wait until the last minute! What time is the shower on Saturday?

12. Katy Alcorn says:

Hi there! Such a cute idea, thank you for sharing! Do you by chance have these as the word file? Thank you!!

• janet says:

Katy, I only have them as pdf and jpg. Let me know if I can help you with anything!

• Katy Alcorn says:

I’m not sure how to change the wording on the pdf and jpeg files :/

13. Susie Mao says:

My daughter is having her first birthday this Sunday and I just came across your super cute printables. Would love to get them from you. Thank you!

• janet says:

I just emailed them to you and if you need any help editing them, just let me know!

14. kori says:

Planning a 1st bday party for my son and would LOVE these printables!! Thanks so much!!

• janet says:

I will email them to you and just let me know if you need help with any changes!

15. Christine says:

I love Dr. Seuss. These are great! I’m organizing my sister in law’s baby shower. Would it be possible to send me the files? She is having a boy. Would I be able to edit some of the words? Thank you.

• janet says:

Christine, I just emailed you the file and just email me if you have trouble with editing them. Thanks for stopping by!

16. Winnie says:

Hello, can I please have the files. I am celebrating my son’s first birthday and this is the theme of his party. Can you please email me the files. thank you so much!

• janet says:

I emailed them to you. Let me know if you need anything else.

17. Shalonda says:

Hi there,

This is just adorable. I’m doing a graduation party with this theme in a few weeks and have found the invite, advice cards, but NOTHING like what you have. I had did a search for labels with the theme and found you. Can you please email me anything that I can change – like adding the graduates name…etc.

Thanks so much!!

• janet says:

I’m so glad you like them! I will email them all to you and you can change what you need to, but if you need help with anything, just let me know!

18. Monique says:

I would appreciate anything you have available in jpeg form.

• janet says:

I am so sorry for the delay. I will email them now!

19. Melody says:

I didn’t see a printable for the card you used on the sonogram collage. The design is more circular, with yellow in the middle instead of a white call out box. It looks like this might be what you used for the diaper message tags too. Do you have that template available for download? Thanks.

• janet says:

Oh, I think it might be in the .pdf, but I can make it a .jpg and email it to you. Thanks for stopping by!

• Melody says:

You’re right. It was in the PDF file, but I’m unable to manipulate any of those images. Would it be too much trouble to send jpg files of all of them to my email? I love what you did! Can’t wait to see it all come together! Thanks so much. Melody

• janet says:

No problem! I will get them together and send in just a few minutes. :)

• Monique says:

Janet, would it be possible to email me that same jpeg??? I am doing this theme for my daughter’s graduation party.

• janet says:

I would be happy to, Monique. Which .jpg would you like?

20. Mariya says:

Is there anyway to edit the border color and the writing? my sister is having a boy so wanted to change it to a blue color is that possible at all? or could you do it and send me PDF’s of them please? her baby shower is in 3 weeks! AAHH stressing a little haha! BTW these are sooo cute you did such a great job and gave me so many more great ideas!!

• Mariya says:

Also the “Oh Baby! The Place She’ll Go What will She wear? Grab a Onesie and Help her Prepare!” is there anyway you could change those “she’s” and “her” to He and him please?! you are awesome! :-)
      Mariya recently posted..How to Celebrate Weight LossMy Profile

• Mariya says:

• janet says:

Yes, I can edit them and email to you. Why don’t you send me an email of which ones you would like and what changes at and I will work on it asap!

21. Leila says:

Hi – trying to find this font – do you have it?

• janet says:

Do a Google search for “Grinched font” and you should be able to find a free download.

22. Michelle says:

Thank you so much for posting these printables!!!

23. Susie says:

I love these printables, but cannot get the link to open. Is there anything special I have to do? Thanks for sharing such a cute idea!

• janet says:

I’ve added a few more printables to this post and you can just click on the pictures to download now! Let me know if you still need help with this!

• Kristin says:

Hi Janet! I am wanting to print the party favor tags you used with the cake pops but can’t seem to get it to work in the link. Could you post a pdf link to just that card? Thanks soo much! :)

• janet says:

Kristin, I just added it!

• Kristin says:

Hi Janet! Thank you for adding this… I see the picture but it’s not clickable to get a pdf or download.

• janet says:

Oh, you know what. I made it a jpg so you could right click and save to your computer. Do you need it as pdf?

• Kristin says:

Ok, nope I got it! Thanks again!!

24. Kristin says:

Thank you so much!!

25. Tara says:

These would work perfectly for my daughter’s first birthday party but I would need to change some of the text to work with the food we are providing. I am not able to change anything as a pdf. Do you have it saved as a doc? I appreciate it!

• janet says:

Thank you!! I actually don’t. I’m sorry!

• janet says:

Tara, I actually was able to figure out how to make pdf files and change things around. If you still need these (or for next year), please let me know if I can help!

26. Kristin says:

Where did you find the font used on the printables?

• janet says:

It’s a free downloadable font called Grinched. Just Google it and there are lots of places to download it. :)

27. TRR says:

These are so cute. I want to decorate my classroom/library with something similar. Can you/would you, could you send me the jpg or template that I can customize? I will not sell these, promise. Thank you, TR

• janet says:

I’m not sure what you need from these, but the pdf is downloadable and you should be able to customize from them.

• TRR says:

okay, thank you . I will try that.

28. Brilliant! I love Dr. Seuss so this would have been right up my alley!
    Beth Zimmerman recently posted..Going on Vacation with the Sunday SocialMy Profile

• janet says:

Thank you, Beth…it was really fun!

• Erin says:

Cute stuff! Can you e-mail me the printable frame you have on here? Planning my daughter’s 1st birthday party and I want to print out pictures from each month.